The kinds of information we collect and how collect it
- We collect and hold personal information you provide to APM when you use our services. This can include:
- your name;
- your residential, mailing and email addresses;
- credit or debit card details;
- details regarding your home, such as the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, car spaces and levels;
- details of services we have provided to you, or services you have enquired about;
- additional information necessary to deliver our services and to respond to your queries;
- any additional information about you that you provide directly through our website or indirectly through the use of our website, social media or through our representatives; and
- information you provide us through customer service, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
- We may also use tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site and to track which pages you access on our site. This information is used to help optimise our site and fine tune our products and services to better meet your needs. If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to reject them.
- We may collect this information–
- through use and access of our website;
- during telephone conversations and correspondence between you and our representatives;
- when you–
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- request a service;
- register your details on our website;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- express interest in a particular service;
- enter a promotion or contest hosted by us;
- provide information on our social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram; and
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement and government agencies.
The purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- APM uses, collects and holds your information to get a better understanding of your needs and to provide you with better service. APM also uses, collects, holds and discloses your personal information:
- to complete a transaction when delivering our services;
- to deal with your queries or customer services issues, we may also keep information recorded in your communications with customer service representatives;
- responding on social media;
- to help keep you up to date with services, or promotions we think would be of particular interest to you (you are able to opt out of these at any time);
- to help enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transaction faster; and
- for marketing, research or, planning purposes.
Quality of the personal information we collect
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is up to date, complete and accurate.
How we hold personal information and security
- We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use and alteration.
- Information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology. When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
- Personal information may be stored both electronically (on our computer system) and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords protect all electronic information. Additionally, we take all necessary measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
- If we hold personal information which we no longer need for any purpose and provided–
- the information is not contained in a Commonwealth record; and
- we are not required by or under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order to retain the information,
we will take all such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
- If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at email@example.com
Access to your personal information
- You can request access to your personal information that APM holds about you. Before giving you access to your records, APM may require you to provide proof of your identity (including verification of your full name and other aspects of your personal information).
- Upon your request, we will provide you with access to your personal information we hold if it is reasonably practicable to do so, within a reasonable period after your request is made.
- Notwithstanding, we retain the right to deny you access to your personal information to the extent that:
- we reasonably believe that giving access would pose a serious threat to the health, safety or life of any individual or the public;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals or entities;
- the request for access is vexatious or frivolous;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between APM and you, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- giving access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- giving access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court or tribunal order;
- both of the following apply:
- we have reason to suspect unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within our organisation in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
- If APM refuses to give you access to your personal information, it will notify you in writing and will provide reasons.
Corrections of your personal information
- You can request that APM corrects personal information it holds. We will make corrections to your personal information we collect about you, if:
- we are satisfied that, having regard to a purpose for which the information is held, the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- you request us to correct the information.
- Within a reasonable period of time following the circumstances set out in paragraphs 1(a)and 6.1(b) above, we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
- If APM refuses to correct your personal information, we will notify you in writing and provide you with reasons.
How to make a complaint
- If you wish to make a complaint to APM about how we have handled your personal information, you should send a written complaint to our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at OAIC’s website: oaic.gov.au
For general enquiries
Phone: (07) 3828 2020
Address: 532, Lutwyche Rd Lutwyche, Brisbane QLD 4030
For requests to access or to correct personal information
Attention: Privacy Officer, APM Solutions
“I saved hundreds of dollars by using APM for my Northgate home building inspection”
Lindy Holmesfield Northgate
Save time and money